30.9.08

On MY way

Photo: Zeytinbag, TR February 2007

Warmond, 30.IX.2008- raining like hell

Dear All,

This time again only in English (Scusa Chiara C. e a tutti quelli che con l'inglese hanno un brutto rapporto!).
I finally have my internet connection home and I do not have to subtract precious time to my days in the library at university just to check normal emails!
Great news... after years and years I finally have Skype and I can start using again MSN (for Skype I still need to buy the microphone... I'm nearly done!- you'll receive soon an email with my contacts... obviously I don't leave it here).
How many things to tell you... only one month has passed at university but it seems ages already.
Maybe because I'm really studying a lot, I'm satisfied with what I'm doing (especially Kazakh) and I have to do so many things (the usual Octopus, right Venetian Family?!) that I do not have that much time to get bored or sad.
I'm living on the lake here in Warmond, I forgot if I told you or not, with four persian cats and the owner of the house with whom I get along pretty well but we hardly ever see eachother.
In a way it's better... we meet together a couple of times per week at maximum for a short but nice chat and then we both live our own lives.
In this period I really need my independence, I need to take care about myself and analyze what I wanna do and be.
At univeristy I met a group of nice people and eventhough we do not see eachother everyday I know that they are there.
I'm so grateful for that!
Last weekend Eva came here (for the ones who do not know her, she is my best friend since we were at middle school) and we lived 24/24 hours.
We cycled like two crazies, we discovered a great market in Den Haag, also known as the Turkish Market... you can imagine the atmosphere. It seemed to be back in Turkey and I had one of the best day ever! I'm planning to go there often: first of all for the atmosphere, second because fruits and vegetables, meat (Halal) and fish are superb and increadibly fresh and cheaper than at the supermarket (half the price!).
Then... I had a great time with Eva (Grazie ancora cucciola!).
The only problematic thing was that yesterday I had a presentation of 2 texts at university, for "History and Social Theory" seminar, for which I had to prepare also 2 handouts.
I had then to study the whole night and morning (the presentation was at 3 p.m. luckily) but I managed, although I'm not 100% satisfied. I was very nervous and I think quite tired. When it was my turn to speak I'd rather go away from the room... I think that many of you know how anxious I'm and the ones who were at my BA thesis discussion remeber for sure that at the beginning I didn't manage to speak... dark in my brain... but it's over now and my fellow students at the end told me it was good...flattering me or truth? ;-)
This morning I slept till 10 and I took my morning free today to range my messy room and TAKE IT EASY.
My private life is a little bit confused nowadays, but I'm trying to take the best out of it.
I hope you are all fine.
A special thought for my Leni: I'm always waiting for you,
for Petr: what did you decide about your life? I wonder!
Duygu icin: Istanbul'da misin? Ozledim seni! Seni cok seviyorum, arkadasim! Haber ver, lutfen!

A kiss to everybody, only one, but full of feelings.
Take care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I hope all is well. Such an interesting to know that you are learning Kazakh? I'm just wondering are you atending a special course? How did you find it?
Asqat from Almaty